Credit Risk Lead & Approval Officer
A corporate banking company is looking to hire a Credit Risk Lead & Approval Officer for their Dublin office.
About this role:
Provide credit risk analysis and assessment of credit proposals from particular Lines of Business ("LOB’s") designated from time to time, making informed recommendations to Credit Committee as required and/or and making informed decisions on credit requests within the parameters of your Delegated Credit Approval Authority, as required. Provide oversight and monitoring of portfolio exposures to those LoB’s in a manner conforming to the organisations limits and regulatory requirements.
Key Responsibilities of the Credit Risk Lead & Approval Officer:
- Provide risk analysis and recommendations to Credit Committee related to credit proposals originating with various LoB’s which may include Commercial real Estate ("CRE"), Corporate banking Group ("CBG"), Financial Institutions Group ("FIG") and Capital Finance (SCF & CDF) LoB’s.
- Assess credit proposals originating with above-mentioned LoB’s and make informed decisions on credit requests within the parameters of your Delegated Credit Approval Authority.
- Provide portfolio oversight/monitoring for credit exposures originating with the above-mentioned LoB’s and other LoB’s, as required.
- Ensure that proposals originated by the above-mentioned LoB’s conform to the Credit Strategy and stated risk appetite set forth by the Board and adhere to Policies and Procedures.
- Responsible for monitoring the credit of all exposures and tracking credit quality migration and informing the chain of risk control (CRO; Credit Committee; Risk Committee; Board) of risk developments, as appropriate.
- Interface with internal and external auditors, Risk Asset Review and regulators to ensure the integrity of credit grades and risk and grading process and procedures.
- Monitor compliance with concentration risk.
- Provide reports to: Senior Management; Credit Committee; Risk Committee; Board; ALCO – provisioning, reserves, impairments, and run-off; Group Reporting; Regulatory Reporting.
Key Requirements of the Credit Risk Lead & Approval Officer:
- Degree educated (or equivalent).
- Risk management experience in relevant risk classes with an ability to analyse transactions and to quickly identify key risks.
- Experience in developing risk models to support portfolio management are an advantage.
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills, with demonstrated ability to provide presentations and briefings to management and liaise with other company departments.
- Strengths as a creative and strategic thinker.
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise workload.
- Professional maturity and high energy level.
- Must be able to work independently in a fast paced, team environment.
- Ability to operate comfortably in a large, multicultural organisation.
- Proficient with advanced Word, PowerPoint, Excel and/or VBA.
- This level of experience is intended as guidance only and does not preclude someone with more or less experience from applying for the role
For a confidential conversation regarding this position please apply or reach out to James Brown at 085 871 9083 or email@example.com.