Compliance Officer - Kildare - Permanent - Fintech - Mifid
A leading Fintech based in Kildare offering a hybrid model and a competitive salary and benefits package are seeking a Compliance Officer to join the IT Operations department. In this exciting role you will support the firm's customers utilising the platform for their global compliance obligations.
Key responsibilities of the Compliance Officer:
- Provide advice to key stakeholders with the interpretation of MiFIR transaction reporting and other relevant regulatory requirements
- Review the firm's implementation of MiFIR transaction reporting and other regulatory requirements, including the control framework
- Collaborate with the technical operations and customer success functions to identify areas of Compliance risk and inefficient and ineffective controls
- Evaluate any updates to the existing DRSP MiFIR transaction reporting regulations
- Complete compliance activities as set out in the Manual and Monitoring Plan (Compliance Risk Assessments, execution of Compliance Monitoring Plan, Complaints handling, maintenance of Compliance controls matrix, management of policies database, etc.)
- Execute the annual Compliance Plan for the Company in line with the standard methodology and the regulatory requirements
- Support in the preparation of reports and updates on the status of the annual Compliance Plan and all the other relevant items analysed to the Board of Directors
Key requirements of the Compliance Officer:
- At least a 3rd level degree required in a relevant field i.e. Legal, Finance, Compliance etc.
- At least 3 years' experience in a Regulatory Compliance role within Financial Services or Technology
- Strong knowledge of current regulations specifically Mifid and Mifir as well as knowledge of CBI requirements
- Strong technical ability and data-driven analysis
- Ability to communicate with external and internal stakeholders
- Ability to meet key deadlines and work under pressure
If you are interested, apply now or contact Sean at Sean.Keogh@walterspeople.com.