This position is responsible for optimising the assigned purchasing M.R.O category, finishes, packaging, consumables and services. This position will also be responsible for ensuring that all other materials, supplies and services are acquired in the most efficient and cost-effective manner to the company.
Key Responsibilities for Buyer:
- Identification of the Purchasing needs for raw materials, additives, consumables, or any other relevant commodity by means of identifying production requirements against current stock levels taking into consideration supplier lead-times.
- Research, select and source the best supply option based on Q.C.D (quality / cost and delivery), utilising where appropriate competitive tension and leverage across multiple sources whether it be existing or potential new suppliers, ensuring QCD principles are followed.
- Build sound supplier relationships
- Set-up New product or suppliers onto the company system.
- Hold regular meetings with key internal stakeholders to ensure that all parts are ordered and on site in advance of shutdown periods.
- Preparation and processing of purchase orders in line with company policies and procedures.
- Monitor and co-ordinate deliveries of items between suppliers to ensure that all items are delivered to site / stores on time and keep the company system up to date with expected delivery dates.
- Measure high value suppliers for QCD performance and arrange regular reviews to communicate the performance and manage any improvements through regular review meetings.
- Prepare and maintain reports including but not limited to: reorder report / open order report / open requisition order report.
- Record all savings made monthly
- Maintain a complete update of purchasing records/data and pricing in the system.
- Manage Credit Rebates with suppliers.
- Keep Approved List of Raw Material Suppliers and component parts up to date for ISO requirement
- General purchasing office administration
- Any other duties or project assignments as may be requested, from time to time by the Purchasing Manager.
Key Requirements for Buyer:
- This position requires a person with strong negotiation skills and at least 3 years purchasing experience.
- The successful candidate must be a good communicator with good verbal and written communication skills enabling them to work co-operatively and effectively to establish and maintain a good working relationship with suppliers at all levels. They must be able to adapt to changing demands and work as part of a team.
- The successful candidate must possess strong business acumen coupled with good analytical capabilities.
- This level of experience is intended as guidance only and does not preclude someone with more or less experience from applying for the role.
For a confidential conversation regarding this position please apply or reach out to James Brown at 085 871 9083 or email@example.com.