Research Officer - Education and Training 6 month FTC
Location Dublin City CentreFULL_TIME
Consultant Chloe Ryan
Date posted 27 February 2019 2019-02-272019-04-28 medical-and-nursing Dublin City Centre Dublin IE EUR 29610 30610 30610 YEAR Walters People https://www.walterspeople.ie
Do you have the ability to flex and adapt to changing demands, manage competing priorities and meet deadlines? Do you come from a Learning and Development background? Then keep reading and apply today!
A leading Irish company is seeking to appoint someone to assist within the Education and Training Section.
About the role:
- Report directly to the Head of Education and Training or a designate on all matters pertaining to the Education and Training Section
- Be responsible for providing organising, executing and supporting identified projects and programmes within the Education and Training Section of the Professional Development and Practice Directorate so as to support objectives in protecting the public and ensuring good standards in doctors’ education, training and continuing practice
- Organise, execute and support specific tasks and on-going procedures in the area Education and Training in line with business plans, operational policies, protocols, good practice guidance and relevant provisions of the Medical Practitioners Act 2007
- Organise, execute and support specific tasks and ongoing procedures in the areas of Education and Training including, but not limited to:
- Accreditation in medical education and training at undergraduate, internship and postgraduate level
- Accreditation of clinical training sites
- Monitoring, reviewing and reporting on the quality of medical education and training in Ireland
- Assessment of medical knowledge and skills of applicants for registration
- Other key projects and programmes arising in the Education and Training Section
- Organise and execute on-going internal and external communication (including telephone calls, email and letters) with individuals and organisations relevant to the work of the Education and Training Section
- Develop and manage information and documentation relevant to tasks and ongoing procedures within the Education and Training Section, including use of relevant information systems and production of reports
- Observe organisational policies, procedures, good practice guidance relevant to the role and to assigned tasks and procedures
- Make suggestions for improvements to activity and procedures across the Education and Training Section and the Professional Development and Practice Directorate and to assist in implementation of improvement
- Arrange, schedule and support meetings including taking minutes and assisting the SEO in drafting of reports.
- Provide statistics and maintain data storage for reporting purposes
- Maintain relevant database and ICT systems
- Good knowledge and understanding of procedures and activities within a statutory framework
- Ability to flex and adapt to changing demands, manage competing priorities and meet deadlines
- Highly organised approach and strong attention to detail in executing complex tasks and procedures,
- Strong attention to detail and ability to be clear, comprehensive and concise in communications, including reports (both qualitative and quantitative), minutes, website content and publications
- Highly organised approach and strong attention to detail in managing information, including file management and use of ICT
- Ability to work independently, to demonstrate initiative and to work as part of a team
- Ability to deal with a wide range of people who use and are relevant to procedures
- Work with confidential information and maintain confidentiality
You will have 2+ years satisfactory experience in an administrative role. Experience in an organisation in the regulation, health or education and training sector would be an advantage. A third level qualification is desirable but not essential. Applicants must be able to demonstrate well developed interpersonal, communication and IT skills and be prepared to undertake additional duties from time to time and as required.
If you want to be part of a market leading company, please apply today or contact Chloe Ryan for more information.