Trainee Accountant / Part Qualified
Salary EUR30000 - EUR35000 per annum
Location Dublin City CentreFULL_TIME
Consultant Niall Thomas
Date posted 20 September 20192019-10-01 2019-11-19 accountancy Dublin City Centre Dublin IE EUR 30000 35000 35000 YEAR Walters People https://www.walterspeople.ie https://www.walterspeople.ie/content/dam/walters-people/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Excellent opportunity for a recent graduate with excellent academics or a an ambitious Part Qualified Accountant to join a rapidly expanding company in Dublin City Centre.
Skills & Competences:
- Trainee ACCA accountant who has clear intention and commitment to obtaining an accounting qualification within the next 3 years.
- A good understanding of basic accounting debits & credits, with experience at posting entries to an accounting general ledger.
- The ideal candidate would have no less than 1 years’ experience in a relevant accounting trainee role with a recognised accounting firm or financial services company.
- Proficiency in using MS Office suite of applications with advanced Excel skills is an essential requirement.
- The successful candidate will be able to think on their feet, show attention to detail and resourcefulness, and have strong communication and organisational skills.
- They should be capable of working on their own initiative but also work well in a team. An enthusiastic, helpful nature and a flexible attitude will contribute to the success of the candidate.
The successful candidate will be part of an active and expanding accounting team working under the direction of the Head of Accounting. The candidate will get excellent accounting experience in the securitisation and aircraft leasing industry and in time will get experience in the preparation of financial statements. Their main responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with a number of experienced accountants and assisting them in the provision of accounting services to a portfolio of SPV's.
- Preparation and posting of accounting journals, including accruals & prepayments for a variety of Irish incorporated SPVs in line with transactional and statutory deadlines.
- Completion of bank account reconciliations and posting related journals to the general ledger.
- Assisting senior team members with the preparation of annual financial statements under IFRS or local GAAP.
- Active involvement in both audit preparation and audit query resolution, and working with qualified team members in ensuring all reporting deadlines are met as scheduled.
- Assist with the completion of routine monthly and quarterly management accounts for a portfolio of SPVs.
- Liaising with a range of banks, asset servicers, audit firms & other third parties to ensure all audit confirmations are circulated and received.
- Assisting in the preparation of corporation tax and VAT returns.
- Assisting in the preparation and filing of quarterly regulatory returns to the European Central Bank on a timely basis.