As a General Accountant you will be responsible for main financial accounting duties of several entities. You will be assisting the Finance Manager / CFO with daily activities and the monthly, quarterly and year-end close processes
- Financial reporting (internal and external – reporting to banks, investors, etc)
- Statutory reporting / Audit
- Tax Compliance
- Ad-hoc projects and reports
You will report to the Finance Manager and work within a friendly and experienced Finance Team. You must be immediately available to commence employment.
Some of the key responsibilities that will fall within the Accountant position will be the preparation of financial accounts, reconciling intercompany creditor and debtor accounts, month end journal processing, accruals, prepayments and any other ad hoc duties that might arise including Reporting Pack generation.
To be successful in your application, you should be qualified (ACCA, ACA, CIMA, or CPA), have experience using accountancy systems in a previous role, show initiative and have excellent project management skills coupled with strong interpersonal skills.
If you are looking for a challenging role in a fast pace company you can utilize your accounts experience and gain further exposure to accounts, this could be the ideal role for you.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Financial Reporting
- Preparation of the accounting and financial reporting (P&L, Balance Sheet, back-up analysis) for review by the Finance Manager / CFO
- Timely and accurate processing of all transactions in association with other team members and accounts assistants
- Preparation of accruals, prepayments and general monthly postings
- Completion of month end accounting processes
- Liaison with subsidiary accountants re: inter-company balances and funding
- Reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis
- Analysis of monthly revenue reports and other P&L accounts
- Preparation of monthly fleet / fixed assets report
- Management of accounting by pool, distributions to investors and all related tasks
- Maintaining internal controls and ensuring compliance
- Participation audits
- Preparation of year end audit files and assisting external auditors
- Statutory accounts preparation for individual subsidiaries
Tax and Legal Compliance
- Preparation of corporation and deferred taxes computations
- Liaison with VAT accountant for all VAT related issues, accounting entries and returns
- Assist with annual legal compliance
- Support Group departments with answering queries
- Other ad-hoc projects
Education and Experience:
- Qualified accountant (ACCA…)
- Prior experience of Accounting in a busy environment
- Good communication skills and fluency in English are a must
- French language would be an advantage but is not a requirement
Essential Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work on own initiative, understand quickly flows and processes and enjoy problem solving
- Ability to organize time to ensure all tasks are completed
- An eye for detail and accuracy with required speed
- Energetic and enthusiastic
- A team player and willing to show flexibility in the role and initiative
- Strong reconciliation skills and an ability to raise issues as they arise to ensure they are adequately resolved
- Strong Excel skills
- Accountancy skills
Salary: EUR45000 - EUR55000 per annumLocation: Dublin City CentreDate posted: 10 August 2022Top Finance Company is looking for a strong professional with excellent OTC Derivatives experience to join this growing team
Salary: EUR75000 - EUR80000 per annumLocation: Dublin City CentreDate posted: 10 August 2022Top Finance Company is looking for a strong professional with Investment Management experience to join this growing team.
Salary: NegotiableLocation: Dublin City CentreDate posted: 13 June 2022Top Investment Company is looking for an excellent candidate who has Private Assets Credit experience to join this growing team and who wants to progress in their career
Salary: EUR40000 - EUR50000 per annumLocation: Dublin City CentreDate posted: 02 August 2022Top Finance Company is looking for a Credit Analyst who is APA qualified and has strong SME experience to join this growing team
Salary: NegotiableLocation: Dublin City CentreDate posted: 27 July 2022A well known multinational bank is looking to hire a Regulatory Reporting Accountant for a 6-12 month FTC to join a team of 5. Open to either part qualified or qualified candidates so salary range is €50,000 - €70,000 DOE. Ability to work on a feleixble hybrid model or else remote if not based close to the office.