Reporting to the Management Accounting Manager and the CFO and working in a team of 10, the Management Accountant will be responsible for the production, interpretation and analysis of accounting information which will be used by senior management in decision making for strategy and policy.
The junior management accountant will develop cost and accounting analysis and reports, maintain the budget, provide forecasting reports and comparisons to actual figures, assist in the production of monthly management accounts and Board reports.
Key duties and Responsibilities
Forecasting & Planning:
• Management of the budget process and associated re-forecasting
• Business Variance Analysis Reporting explanation V's Budget
• Preparation and analysis of Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
• Specific support to the business in preparation of the forecast & budget for Maintenance costs
• Review of expenses and various costs
• Ensure all inventory parts are valued accurately
• Assist the commercial team in the preparation of new product costing
• Cost of sales and variance analysis
Inventory Management & Material Cost of Sales Analysis
• Reconciliation of inventory at month end
• Preparation of aged inventory information / reports
• Review and analysis of inventory adjustments
• Review and analysis of Purchase Price and Material variances
• Analysis of costs to be allocated to third parties
• Review and analysis of Job Order variance reports
• Maintain technical data information
• Analysis of scrap costs (RLU)
• Monitor Asset, stock and fleet Register and depreciation schedule.
• Reconcile data with different systems and departments
• Monitor relationships assets/liabilities
• Administer the capital expenditure approval process
• Assist the Financial controller in the preparation of month end accounts and subsequent reporting
Cost Efficiency & Process Improvement:
• Support the business as it reviews opportunities for process improvements and cost effectiveness though;
• Assist in developing internal controls
• Helping business owners measure performance of cost saving initiatives, and identify areas for further attention
• Analysis to substantiate the local impact of cost saving programs
• Providing support to cost benchmarking activities
• Seeking out and/or supporting cross-functional process improvement opportunities.
• Assist in annual audit
• Assist in Cash Management, monitoring of DSO and DPO, financing of assets
• Periodic reporting and analysis & commentary
• Regular meetings with managers and colleagues from Finance and technical departments
• Monthly accruals / prepayments journals
• Tracking performance against cost savings initiatives
• Robust supporting models & processes to underpin numbers in the GL
• Monthly Sales Report with various analysis and segmentation and Aging balance analysis
• Balance Sheet Reconciliations, variance analysis & investigation into accounts.
• Monthly Cost Analysis.
• Work with other Managers on ad-hoc projects.
• Work as part of the finance team in producing Group reports.
• Annual Budget.
• Monthly, quarterly & annual statutory returns.
• Systems Development.
• Cost Control & efficiencies.
• Capital Expenditure reporting and control.
• Audit File preparation and liaison with auditors.
• Performance of other duties as requested by the Management Accounting Manager and directors.
- A structured style of working with excellent organisational skills and attention to detail and highly meticulous.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including ability to interface with peers, leadership team members and clients and to demonstrate outstanding customer satisfaction internal and external
- Positive attitude and flexible
- Ability to manage time, meet deadlines and prioritise
- Sense of responsibility, initiative and high quality work standard
- Team worker with ability to coach and motivate team
- Recognised Accounting qualification (eg.CIMA)
- Min 1-2 years relevant experience in management accounting particularly in Leasing Industry is preferred.
- Able to work in a fast paced, global environment.
- Good MS Office skills particularly strong capabilities in MS Excel.
- Working experience in ANAEL (AS400) are advantageous
Salary: NegotiableLocation: Dublin City CentreDate posted: 27 July 2022A well known multinational bank is looking to hire a Regulatory Reporting Accountant for a 6-12 month FTC to join a team of 5. Open to either part qualified or qualified candidates so salary range is €50,000 - €70,000 DOE. Ability to work on a feleixble hybrid model or else remote if not based close to the office.
Salary: EUR70000 - EUR75000 per annumLocation: Dublin City CentreDate posted: 12 July 2022This Senior Accountant position will have a specific focus on the preparation of both management and statutory accounts and support functions for the European Statutory Accounting team. Salary for this position is €70,000 - €75,000 range plus additional benefits and an annual bonus paid in December.
Salary: EUR45000 - EUR55000 per annumLocation: Dublin City CentreDate posted: 10 August 2022Top Finance Company is looking for a strong professional with excellent OTC Derivatives experience to join this growing team
Salary: EUR75000 - EUR80000 per annumLocation: Dublin City CentreDate posted: 10 August 2022Top Finance Company is looking for a strong professional with Investment Management experience to join this growing team.
Salary: EUR40000 - EUR50000 per annumLocation: Dublin City CentreDate posted: 02 August 2022Top Finance Company is looking for a Credit Analyst who is APA qualified and has strong SME experience to join this growing team