Location Dublin City CentreFULL_TIME
Consultant John Coughlan
Date posted 28 May 20192019-05-29 2019-07-27 accountancy Dublin City Centre Dublin IE EUR 24000 30000 30000 YEAR Walters People https://www.walterspeople.ie https://www.walterspeople.ie/content/dam/walters-people/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
One of Ireland's leading full service law firms who are focused on achieving practical business solutions for clients. Their clients include multi-nationals, owner managed businesses, government and public bodies and regulatory authorities. They are currently seeking to recruit an Accounts Assistant to join there Finance team. This is a great opportunity to work in a progressive professional practice with a good opportunity for advancement within the firm.
Duties will include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Assisting the Director of Finance & Administration and the accounts team in the day to day accounting function within the firm
- Being responsible for processing and allocating fee notes to accounting system and certain client systems
- Assisting the team in processing supplier invoices for Accounts Payable
- Assisting with Banking, client bank reconciliations, petty cash
- Liaising with business colleagues in managing files on the practice management system eg write offs of time and outlay, change of ownership of matters
- Ensuring certain key critical systems are reconciled and balances available for use by fee earners eg CRO
- Reconciling and posting to system certain internal outlays eg photocopying/ folders
- Being part of group that ensures compliance
- Special Reports and other ad hoc work as required within the department
- At least one year’s accounting experience ideally in a professional services environment
- Good basic accounts experience would be an advantage
- MS Office computer skills (particularly Excel) is an essential requirement
- Excellent administration skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent communication skills – both written and oral
- A strong interest in developing a career in accounts (and legal accounts)
You will have good solid accounting knowledge gained in a professional services environment, will have strong organisational and interpersonal skills as well as a disciplined ability to document work, prioritise own tasks and manage time effectively.
- Eager to learn, enthusiastic and a good communicator
- Flexible team player
- Adaptable, pro-active, positive and helpful
- Ability to get on well with your colleagues at all levels within the firm
- Excellent time management skills
- Attention to detail/accuracy
- Well organised and methodical
- Good analytical skills
A competitive salary will be commensurate with experience. Study leave to be negotiated if needed. Experience of working with a professional services firm would be an advantage but is not essential. An immediate start would be ideal.
If this sounds like the Role for you Apply today or please contact John Coughlan on the details provided.