Salary EUR24000 - EUR28000 per annum
Location Dublin City CentreFULL_TIME
Consultant Niall Thomas
Date posted 29 May 20192019-05-29 2019-07-28 accountancy Dublin City Centre Dublin IE EUR 24000 28000 28000 YEAR Walters People https://www.walterspeople.ie https://www.walterspeople.ie/content/dam/walters-people/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
Are you enthusiastic and eager to learn? Take a look at this entry level accounts assistant position with a law firm!
This is a great opportunity to work in a progressive professional practice with a good opportunity for advancement within the firm. You will work with an experienced finance team using an advanced integrated computer accounting system.
The position reports to the Director of Finance & Administration and duties will include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Assisting the Director of Finance & Administration and the accounts team in the day to day accounting function within the firm
- Being responsible for processing and allocating fee notes to accounting system and certain client systems
- Assisting the team in processing supplier invoices for Accounts Payable
- Assisting with Banking, client bank reconciliations, petty cash
- Liaising with business colleagues in managing files on the practice management system eg write offs of time and outlay, change of ownership of matters
- Ensuring certain key critical systems are reconciled and balances available for use by fee earners eg CRO
- Reconciling and posting to system certain internal outlays eg photocopying/ folders
- Being part of group that ensures compliance with Regulations
- Special Reports and other ad hoc work as required within the department
- At least one year’s accounting experience ideally in a professional services environment
- Good basic accounts experience would be an advantage
- MS Office computer skills (particularly Excel) is an essential requirement
- Excellent administration skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent communication skills – both written and oral
- A strong interest in developing a career in accounts (and legal accounts)
You will have good solid accounting knowledge gained in a professional services environment, will have strong organisational and interpersonal skills as well as a disciplined ability to document work, prioritise own tasks and manage time effectively.
- Eager to learn, enthusiastic and a good communicator
- Flexible team player
- Adaptable, pro-active, positive and helpful
- Ability to get on well with your colleagues at all levels within the firm
- Excellent time management skills
- Attention to detail/accuracy
- Well organised and methodical
- Good analytical skills
A competitive salary will be commensurate with experience. Study leave to be negotiated if needed. Experience of working with a professional services firm would be an advantage but is not essential. An immediate start would be ideal.