Salary EUR50000 - EUR60000 per annum
Location Dublin NorthFULL_TIME
Consultant Niall Thomas
Date posted 26 April 20192019-04-30 2019-06-25 accountancy Level 3, Custom House Plaza 2 IFSC Dublin 1 Walters People
An excellent opportunity for a newly qualified accountant or an accountant with 1+ years experience who would like to progress their career within the FMCG sector. FMCG experience or a desire to work within FMCG would be beneficial.
You will work as part of a small and cohesive head office finance team under the leadership of the Group Chief Financial Officer. The main duties of the role are:
- Preparation of consolidated monthly management accounts and board report (comprising financial information) within strict deadlines and liaising as required with divisional entities
- Assist with preparation of annual statutory financial statements on both a consolidated and individual entity basis
- Assist with internal and external audit matters including addressing audit queries and coordination of the overall external audit from a project management perspective
- Review of monthly financial submissions received from divisions
- Liaising with local management on the preparation of monthly management accounts and annual financial statements
- Contribute to ongoing improvement of group-wide controls and processes, particularly improvements in the quality and timeliness of monthly and annual reporting as well as providing support at critical points in the annual reporting cycle including annual budgeting and periodic in-year forecasting, etc.
- Ensure that key Group finance controls and reconciliation processes are adequately maintained and documented
- Assist with tax compliance matters and company secretarial matters
- Ad-hoc projects
You must be technically proficient from an accounting perspective. Equally important is that the candidate has capacity for attentiveness to detail, is diligent and hard-working and is a clear and concise written and verbal communicator.
Specifically, you will have the following attributes:
- Qualified ACA, ACCA or other recognised professional accounting qualification with audit experience; ideally experience working with FMCG clients
- Conversant with technical accounting matters and International Financial Reporting Standards
- Strong systems skills with excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Exceptional analytical skills and strong functional knowledge and experience in financial analysis and interpretation
- Strong communications skills (written and verbal) – need to communicate at all levels
- Ability to work alongside senior management at all levels within the business and external
- Proven interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain positive working relationships
- Inquisitive, outgoing, tenacious and comfortable challenging the "status quo"
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of an integrated team
If you are interested in the role, please apply today or contact Niall Thomas for more information.