Public Sector Financial Accountant
A public sector organisation in Dublin City Centre is looking to hire a Financial Accountant for a 12-24 month contract with a strong view of going permanent. This is an excellent opportunity to get experience in the public sector and flexible hybrid working model of three days from home and two days in the office. Salary for this role is €55,000 - €58,000 and they are looking for someone who can start immediately.
A public sector organisation in Dublin City Centre is looking to hire a Financial Accountant for a 12-24 month contract with a strong view of going permanent. This is an excellent opportunity to get experience in the public sector and flexible hybrid working model of three days from home and two days in the office. Salary for this role is €55,000 - €58,000 and they are looking for someone who can start immediately. Open to experience levels coming from either practice, industry or the public sector itself.
Interview slots available immediately.
Key Responsibilities of the Public Sector Financial Accountant
- Maintaining and updating the Authority’s Fixed Asset Register and associated controls in line with policies and procedures and Code of Practice for Governance of State Bodies;
- Preparation and maintenance of the monthly fixed assets, including capitalising assets, calculation of depreciation charge, impairment, amortisation, verifying location of assets etc.;
- Assisting with the preparation of year-end accounts and liaising with the auditors;
- Liaison with the wider business and asset custodians to ensure control and oversight is maintained over assets;
- Performing and coordinating verification and impairment reviews and stock-takes;
- Holding regular meetings to discuss fixed assets with business units, heads of function, custodians, other finance areas and project managers;
- Complete month end tasks as required including preparation of management accounts, reconciliations and reviews;
- Oversight and coordination of queries in relation to insurance, including coordinating the annual insurance renewal process and ongoing insurance risk register;
- Business partner with areas to assist in the completion of the annual budgeting and forecasting process;
- Assisting in the administration of the Financial System and assisting in system enhancements and process improvement;
- Assisting in the enhancement of work manuals and standardisation of processes;
- Preparation and returning of various tax returns including VAT and INTRASTAT;
- Preparing monthly journals for the monthly management accounts;
- Work with the BI team to migrate excel reports into the BI tool and expand and generate a detailed monthly review pack for the financial controller;
- Liaising with the other Finance teams as required; and
- Assisting and ensuring data protection policies and procedures are implemented.
Key Requirements of the Public Sector Financial Accountant
- Good analytical ability, with a logical approach to problem solving and sound judgement;
- Accountancy qualification
- Capacity to proactively and constructively contribute to team tasks;
- Strong organisational and administrative skills;
- A keen eye for detail and desire to probe further into data;
- Deadline-orientated and an ability to stick to time constraints;
- Strong MS Office and MS Excel skills;
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with stakeholders; and
- A ‘can-do’ approach with the ability to organise and prioritise workloads to meet deadlines.
If you are interested in the Public Sector Financial Accountant position please apply through the link.
Salary: EUR55000 - EUR60000 per annumLocation: Dublin City CentreDate posted: 01 November 2022Top Finance Company is looking for a strong professional with 2 to 3 years Cash Management experience to join this growing team
Salary: EUR60000 - EUR65000 per annumLocation: Dublin City CentreDate posted: 06 October 2022Top Finance Company is looking for a strong professional with 3 to 5 years Tax experience
Salary: EUR55000 - EUR60000 per annumLocation: Dublin City CentreDate posted: 05 October 2022Top Finance Company is looking for a Operations Team Manager to lead a team of 8 people and who is QFA qualified